Saturday, December 4, 2010

a few from the past

 ive always been a nerd for the jap stuff, mostly because its usually cheap, and always plentiful. the honda was built before i went to iraq on no budget as you can tell. it was my first foray in to making some thing my own. t-shirt seat cover on a a pan with styrofoam padding from a army issue sleeping mat. cut pipes in the driveway. thing sounded like a bi-plane, and ran like doo-doo. the v-star was done on a little more of a budget. red oxide primer, freeway lights, shaved down the seat foam, and recovered it with flannel i bought from wal-mart. lowered it down with a rigid kit from a shadow.  it was so low i couldnt put my strut bolts back in, so it just kinda floated there. luckily it bolted to the subframe. i took it up to a biker build off/ RUB convention in honolulu when i lived there. some guy asked me why i wasted my time messing around with 'jap shit' (which was funny,found out later his last name was arakawa). i told him i was a motorcycle enthusiast, and didnt have a lot of money, so i rode whatever i could get my hands on (something i learned from FOE bob). the best thing about it was i passed him on the freeway on the way home. his 60 thousand dollar hot match built bike was in the back of his truck. i showed him the business finger of my clutch hand as i rode by. cheers, Burnout Bryce

1 comment: