Monday, February 28, 2011

Bike problems

Ok here is the problem: While running bike up after some changes, something is wrong.

Here is what I did: Installed new intake manifolds from TC Brothers. They are replacing my rubber stock ones since there was no longer air box support for them. I did not do anything to carbs. It also moved the carbs back from engine like 1/2 inch futher.

Here is what the bike did: Reved up to an overspeed type condition with choke on. Then with only one side choked it was alot of back fire and flames coming from tail pipes. I shut her down just incase there is a bigger problem. I am open to all ideas of what might be going on.

Thanks for any input.
Blaine

3 comments:

  1. Get ahold of Al, he seems to be Rats Ass' carb guy. sounds like you may have pulled on the cables to mimic the throttle being pulled open. May have actually sealed any vaccuum leak that were in the old boots. have Alice look at it. What ever you do, dont let FOE work on it, he'll just fuck it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's right, I know nothing about those !@$@$#!#@ Yahaha ma's. Plus, I think just the opposite of Tony Tip Toe's, intake leak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I called TC brothers: Apparently there are suppose to be some gaskets invoved. My bike had no gaskets at all...Gee. Well I bet that is part of the issue!

    ReplyDelete